An intensive one-day introduction to designing to exploit what is known about the human brain and its capabilities and limitations.
Using principles honed from years of scientific study from the disciplines of sociology, psychology, perceptual psychology and neuroscience, this course will teach you how to tickle the brains of your customers with your designs and communications.
It’s fun, it’s interactive, you will meet interesting people to exchange ideas and experiences with, you will produce something worthwhile and go back to your desk armed with weapons (and a few dinner party tricks) to impress your colleagues and friends.
What will you learn?
- The fundamentals of the human visual system and what this teaches us about design
- Knowing our users
- Defining personas
- User Journeys
- How to grab and direct attention
- How to improve salience and readability
- The psychology of colour
- How to reduce the appearance of clutter
- How people remember and what you can do to help
- How to design for people’s natural thinking processes
- The basics of persuasion design
- Emotional design principles
- Designing for the other senses
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key capabilities and limitations of the human brain that affect perception
- Apply key principles to improve the design to result in improved customer behaviour and perceptions.
- Pastries on arrival
- Hot & cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion